Dec 19, 2008

Things I learned yesterday

1) Apparently, it took only 12kb to get to the moon on Apollo 11. (I didn't do any research to confirm this). This got me thinking a lot. I find it hard to believe that if, today, we tried to send a man to the moon on only 12kb we could still do it. Have we lost the ability to do things the way they were done pre-new technologies? By the way, Andrew Dawson is performing at UCLA's Little Theater tonight through Sunday; I highly recommend it!

2) I always knew what the "Twinkie defense" was, but now I know where it came from! Yay movies teaching you things.

3) The 800 block of Pico Blvd. in Santa Monica is actually pretty sketch. Surprising. Watch for the establishments named "Cash N Run" and "Sober Inn."

3 comments:

Royimous said...

A lot of the technology used for the Apollo missions has been lost. The engineers who made it are dying off.

There, I commented. Happy?

Margarete said...

what is the twinkie defense??

neonspecs said...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twinkie_defense