Sep 26, 2010
I just found this post I wrote October 19, 2009. I don't know why I never published it. Perhaps, I knew subconsciously Clifton's would one day change and I would have to not so much defend it's honor but remind you of what it once was.
- "Clifton's" is a portmanteau of Clifford Clinton. I love portmanteaus.
- All the really good fonts.
- The fancy floor outside the entry. Macadamed maybe? I don't remember the correct descriptor. (But today, September 26, 2010, I do: it's terrazzo).
- It's Huell Howser approved.
- The fake bears make me nostalgic for The Country Bear Jamboree, which Disneyland should never have removed--or made a movie about.
- The variety of antlers available for viewing in quite some random places.
- The gang of Bible Crusaders in orange shirts using the second floor as it's pamphlet-folding headquarters.
- The creepy mini-chapel that talks to you when you push a button.
- It's pretty cheap to eat there (but not this good).
- OMG FLOCKED WALLPAPER.