Mar 15, 2010

It's that time again.


 
It's "mistakes" like these that make Thom Andersen mad. 

Removing the 2008 Edition to make room for the 2010 Edition. 2008 was either a year I actually read a lot or I actually remember to at least list them here. Of course, I highly recommend all Chandler, but my favorite is still The Long Goodbye. Read it, stat! Also, the L.A. River book is really illuminating. Y'all know how much I love the L.A. River. (Everytime I write LA now, since watching Los Angeles Plays Itself, I feel a pang of guilt and have to put in the periods).

Books I Read: 2008 Edition

4 comments:

Aaron Joseph said...

The LA river book sounds great! Where is neonspecs' books of 2009?

neonspecs said...

Aaron! I didn't know you read this. Even if this is a rare thing, I am very happy to hear from you! Books of 2009 is at the bottom of the left sidebar. However, it is very inaccurate because 1) I didn't remember to write most of the books and 2)I don't even think I finished some of those, and if I did, I don't remember. What do you recommend these days?

Aaron Joseph said...

I dunno - but I would like to see your thoughts on the entire works of Chandler! Maybe you want to check out the newest Pynchon?

Laura said...

yeah Pynchon is on the list. Haven't read anything by him. I'm reading Yiddish Policeman's Union (Michael Chabon)right now (haven't even finished the Chandler oeuvre, but that's because I finally allowed myself to read other things. haha. So far, I still think The Long Goodbye is his best work)