Oct 28, 2007

Lear's end.

An update on the celebz since I can't think what to write on a couple essays right now (I will probably be awake for a long time writing. boo).

Ian McKellen doesn't look that much different than this man.

Closing night of King Lear brought in the stars--some A-listers, even. The people who got there on time include some folks from Ugly Betty (although they came separately and I don't even know if they knew the other was there): Michael Urie and Ashley Jensen (thanks IMDB); the villain from Heroes, Zachary Quinto (thanks IMDB, once again); and Henry Winkler, who was really amazed that I could read his seat info from the ticket he was holding upside down.

Then come the people who make it just in time; I assume these people want to be late as to not engender much attention during the mad rush to get in before the doors close but not late enough to be held (smart). This category includes Orlando Bloom, who is actually, indeed, very handsome, more so than I previously believed, and Denzel Washington and his wife (who was wearing a lot of perfume). Denzel is pretty awesome. Man, this paragraph is full of parenthetical comments and weird punctuation, sorry 'bout that.

The third category is the famous "umm, let's be really late, shall we?!" and includes Lawrence Fishburne and Keanu Reeves, who came together. awww. They were totally fine about being held, though; kudos to them. Finally, Andy Garcia was there but I don't know when he arrived; I just spotted him at intermission with a horrible haircut. There were a few other people there as well whom I cannot specifically identify; one is a male bad actor from some sitcom or MTV something and the other is a older, late middle-aged woman who plays mothers in things. Also learned today that Ian McKellen is not circumcised. Lovely.

On a side note, "They call me crazy, but my name is Clifton Chenier"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU WIN. Why was everyone so down for the Lear? Was it a life-changing show?

Anonymous said...

P.S. You did know what I would like.

Margarete said...

umm...so I need to work at Royce. so i can drool over celebs like Orlando..haha...