Jul 24, 2007

and you know what? arrivederci

The title of this post comes courtesy of ex-Making The Band choreographer Laurie Ann Gibson, except she said "arrivedirtchi" and quite intensely. Too bad this was used to one of the contestants and not to Diddy three televisionminutes later.

On another TV note, I finally finished watching the 22 Sundance-provided hours of Live Earth last night. Which means, I finished about 3 hours of Live Earth last night and a tremendous long time of fast-forwarding. A few observations:
  1. John Mayer needs to button his shirt, thanks.
  2. Hologram (or whatever) Gore is creepy.
  3. Crowded House song about taking the weather with you is quite lovely.
  4. "Hey You" at the end of every commercial break was super excessive. Now I hate the song, whereas previously I only disliked it.
  5. Madonna is awesome. Her keyboardist was really cute. But, why was she playing the guitar during Ray of Light? Totally ruined it. And it's her best song!
  6. La Isla Bonita was awesome. Kudos. yes, I am a gazillion days behind on this one.
Side TV note, Brendan Benson's "What I'm Looking For" in Sears commercial, applied to kitchen cabinetry. hmmm.

And now for the problem of the day: Every time I get my teeth cleaned, I receive a nice little free bottle of Listerine. Now, I love mouth wash so this is always quite exciting. Customarily, I am given a 3 fl oz glass container of CoolMint Antiseptic Listerine which claims to kill "germs that cause Bad Breath, Plaque & the gum disease Gingivitis." First, do many people really need the description before Gingivitis? Second, note
the gkla-esque capitalization. These are such convenient little bottles that usually I save them for trips and such and, instead, use the huge 2.1 liter bottles I get from Costco. Yesterday, upon finishing the citrus flavored huge bottle, I notice it expired in 2006. GREAT.

Anyways, this brings us to the crux of the matter. Last time I was at the dentist, they give me a 8.5 fl oz plastic bottle of Listerine
Tooth Defense Anticavity Flouride Rinse. "For me?!" I asked shyly. While it was no glass jar, how nice of them to give me such a present. I used it for the first time last night. It tasted quite different, but pretty good. This morning, I pondered the different taste and decided to read the fine print beneath the "peel here" label. In bold, This product is not intended to help prevent or reduce plaque and gingivitis. What? I don't understand. Why am I using this mouth wash then? Well, I guess the fluoride is good for my weak, cavity-loving teeth. But, I don't want no gingivitis. What to do, what to do?

Also, radiating pain from the back of my jaw on each side. I think it may be time to remove those wisdom teeth. Boo.

And now for a few things I want but are not in my size, so you who fits them should buy instead. Just thank me for the guidance! ;-)

No comments: