Jul 16, 2008

Being that I have a lot of free time on my hands...

  • I became a petanque tournament champion whilst playing against a man named Fabian. Don't ask me to repeat that triumph. Do buy me some boules, please, so I can practice.
  • I got quite sunburned. Boo.
  • Been talked to mindlessly about economics of some sort, which ended with: "when we get back groovin, we'll be groovin'." I still have no idea what he was talking about.
  • Finished another Raymond Chandler book -- look at the way that list is growing on the right and be proud of me!
  • Turned 21, did some drinking, and, of course, found a Chandler quotation for the occasion: "I swished a little more of his Scotch around in my mouth. If I was going to drink it I might as well try to prevent cavities while I was at it. " (Although I didn't actually drink any Scotch and Chandler didn't actually write that quote. Robert B. Parker did, after Chandler died).
  • Watched a lot of movies I couldn't rate on Netflix, which was disappointing, especially because the movies were not. A couple examples: Come Live With Me and It Happened in Flatbush. One pretty great Jimmy Stewart movie and one not so great but nevertheless enjoyable movie about baseball. I quite like baseball movies.
  • Oh, I also saw Fabio whilst I was driving. That was silly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Flatbush!? I immediately thought of "The Incredible Mr. Limpet." hahahaha.