Ok, I just made a really delicious sandwich--a sandwich even you vegetarians can eat! I'll get back to that later. First, I think it's important that you know about these sandwiches.
6) Meltdown, etc., Culver City: Mozzarella, Fontina, Grilled Eggplant, Yellow Squash & Zucchini, Roasted Red Peppers, Caramelized Onions, Walnut Pesto on Focaccia Bread aka Grilled Cheese. mmmmm.
5) Alcove, Los Feliz: Crab cake sandwich: maryland style crab cake made from sweet blue crab meat on a caramelized onion bun, caramelized bermuda onions, wild arugula, tomato and chipotle aioli on the side
4) Golden West Five Grain Bun with 3) John O'Groats, West Los Angeles: O'Groats Crab Melt: Meaty, moist, and flavorful crab cake on a rustique roll with tomato and melted provolone cheese.
2) Damon and Pythias, Westwood: Portabella Caprese Sandwich: Portabella Mushrooms on Grilled Foccacia Bread with Roasted Tomatoes, Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, Balsamic Vinaigrette, Fresh Basil and Mixed Baby Greens.
1) Tender Greens, Culver City: Free Range Chicken with Rustic Bread, Aioli, and Roasted Peppers.
Ok, now to the sandwich I just made. This is what you need to do. Toast two slices of Sourdough Wheat Bread with a few slices of fresh Ovoline mozzarella. While you're doing this, sautee sliced white mushrooms, shredded carrots, baby spinach, and a little diced fresh garlic in a pan. Add some salt and pepper and mix in Trader Joe's Caesar salad dressing. Cook for just a few minutes while bread and cheese is toasting. Take the bread out of the toaster, cover with the vegetable mixture, and then top with quartered cherry tomatoes and bean sprouts. Woila! realllllly tasty.