Nov 12, 2007

Fake Snow


My blog has turned into a Royce celebrity sighting list, but whatever. Yesterday, Finola Hughes, also known as the host of Style Network's How Do I Look? (possibly the worst show I allow myself to watch, or allowed myself, as I don't get that channel at my apartment), showed up to see a performance by Pina Bausch Tanztheater Wuppertal of "Ten Chi"--a very odd dance. She was wearing all black, including boots that had a heel over five or six inches! It was pretty intense. There was also some other man who is a common small role guy in teenager television soap-sitcoms. He's fairly nasty looking. I thought he might have been on Seventh Heaven, but upon IMDBing, I see that is not the case.

The fun thing about "Ten Chi" is how much it makes me nostalgic for Slava's Snow Show, the coolest thing to happen at Royce in recent history. Ten Chi includes a woman wearing a long flow-y yellow dress frolicking in tons of white tissue paper confetti fake snow, just like Slava wore a yellow costume and danced around in white tissue paper confetti fake snow. Ten Chi also includes some weird sounding yet romantic music, like Slava did! But Slava is far superior to this one. Man, this one was almost three hours and totally not worthwhile.

oh! I figured out who that man is. He is also on 24! Eric Balfour: nasty looking, indeed.

No comments: