1)Styx: Kilroy Was Here
2)The Supremes: Where Did Our Love Go
3)Taj Mahal: Music Fuh Ya' (Musica Para Tu)
4)Talking Heads: Little Creatures
5)Three Dog Night: Joy to the World: Their Greatest Hits
6)Triumph: Just a Game
1) Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!
2) 10 cents! Rhino. Diana Ross looks SO scary here, kinda like a really frightening Eartha Kitt. I think it has something to do with the really awkward talon-like hair that falls right between her eyebrows combined with the not-exactly-a-smile smile.
3) How can you not like something titled "Music Fuh Ya'"?! That's like not liking the Sly and the Family Stone's "Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)." Also, Taj is the man who once said "I do play by the rules; I play by intergalactic, cosmic rules, man! The light steps out through me and I don't cheat on it."
4) This may be one of my least favorite Talking Heads albums, but it's the only one I have. I do, however, really like their outfits on the back of the album. I am continually sorry I didn't take pictures of the backs of the records for these posts.
5) I can't remember if this is one of my dad's records or if it is another one I bought for him at Rhino that he never listened to. It's a nice font, no? Also, for some reason this record has everything written in Portuguese; I think this was from Brazil. Two of the singer's sons are in bands that have been on my show, woo!
6) Another Rhino purchase. I really like the six minute epic song that is "Hold On." 1979 arena rock. Grand!