Jun 8, 2008

Being Mice Elf Again

L-R, T-B:
1)Styx: Kilroy Was Here
2)The Supremes: Where Did Our Love Go
3)Taj Mahal: Music Fuh Ya' (Musica Para Tu)
4)Talking Heads: Little Creatures
5)Three Dog Night: Joy to the World: Their Greatest Hits
6)Triumph: Just a Game

1) Domo Arigato, Mr. Roboto!

2) 10 cents! Rhino. Diana Ross looks SO scary here, kinda like a really frightening Eartha Kitt. I think it has something to do with the really awkward talon-like hair that falls right between her eyebrows combined with the not-exactly-a-smile smile.

3) How can you not like something titled "Music Fuh Ya'"?! That's like not liking the Sly and the Family Stone's "
Thank You (Falettinme Be Mice Elf Agin)." Also, Taj is the man who once said "I do play by the rules; I play by intergalactic, cosmic rules, man! The light steps out through me and I don't cheat on it."

4) This may be one of my least favorite Talking Heads albums, but it's the only one I have. I do, however, really like their outfits on the back of the album. I am continually sorry I didn't take pictures of the backs of the records for these posts.

5) I can't remember if this is one of my dad's records or if it is another one I bought for him at Rhino that he never listened to. It's a nice font, no? Also, for some reason this record has everything written in Portuguese; I think this was from Brazil. Two of the singer's sons are in bands that have been on my show, woo!

6) Another Rhino purchase. I really like the six minute epic song that is "Hold On." 1979 arena rock. Grand!

No comments: